Cloudy water with perfect numbers

poolnj

Gold Supporter
Jun 9, 2013
I opened my pool, cleaned out the junk, slammed and balanced using BBB, and my numbers seem to be right, but the water is still cloudy after a few days. I passed the overnight test and I am wondering if I need to slam again, give it time, or is there something else not showing in the tests that I should be looking for?

FC: 5
CC: 0
PH: 7.7
TA: 100
CH: 230
CYA: 35

Thanks!

A SLAM is not a one time event, it is continuous until all three criteria are passed.

Re-read the directions on SLAMing your pool in the How To section of Pool School and follow that procedure completely to the end.

• CC is 0.5 or lower;
  • You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
  • The water is clear.

When all three are true, you are done SLAMing and can allow the FC to drift down to normal levels.

Hehe back to shock FC for you and maintain until you can read the year off a quarter at the bottom of the pool! Just kidding. Mine clears faster with at least one brush a day and a vacuum every few days. You can do a test pass with the vacuum and, at least for me, the bottom (through the cloudy water) looks stronger blue. That's how I know I need to vac the whole pool when I'm clearing up cloudy. Don't forget to watch that psi gauge and do appropriate filter care as needed.

Hehe back to shock FC for you and maintain until you can read the year off a quarter at the bottom of the pool!
I shocked last night as suggested and came home from work today to a crystal clear pool. I can literally read the date off a quarter on the bottom of the pool :D :super:

I am pretty sure if I went to my local pool store, they would have sold me clarifiers and other junk. This forum is so helpful and saves me so much $$, I just became a Gold supporter!

Long live TFP and BBB!

Thank you all!

I shocked last night as suggested and came home from work today to a crystal clear pool. I can literally read the date off a quarter on the bottom of the pool :D :super:

I am pretty sure if I went to my local pool store, they would have sold me clarifiers and other junk. This forum is so helpful and saves me so much $$, I just became a Gold supporter!

Long live TFP and BBB!

Thank you all!

Best to do the OCLT to make sure it's safe to let the FC drop!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.