Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Boron sodium oxide (B4Na2O7), pentahydrate ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Bay City, Michigan

Boron sodium oxide (B4Na2O7), pentahydrate ?

Someone is getting close to being sold on this omni Synergy box pool care system, and not wanting the pool store to win I looked into it so I could explain it to the poor soul.. ..

I have never heard about it so when I looked it up here, and on google I see it's just a "pool care" in a box that is litarlly just dichlor granuals and trichlor tabs. The only thing I don't know about is 1 of the active ingredients on the "synergy tabs".

what is this 5% active ingredient, and what's it do for/to pool water, or what's another product that would be the equivalent? Just want to be able to explain how Synergy pool care is not offering anything unique that's not already widely available. I haven't found any currently available trichlor tabs that have the same active ingredient

5% Boron sodium oxide (B4Na2O7), pentahydrate
    91.5% Trichloro-s-triazinetrione
    12500 gallons, 24 foot round above ground
    Hayward Sand filter, Pentair OptiFlo 1HP 2-Speed pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Boron sodium oxide (B4Na2O7), pentahydrate ?

It's borax (just a synonym for sodium tetraborate) and it's just added to counteract the acidity of the trichlor.
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates