Boron sodium oxide (B4Na2O7), pentahydrate ?

May 20, 2013
Bay City, Michigan
Someone is getting close to being sold on this omni Synergy box pool care system, and not wanting the pool store to win I looked into it so I could explain it to the poor soul.. ..

I have never heard about it so when I looked it up here, and on google I see it's just a "pool care" in a box that is litarlly just dichlor granuals and trichlor tabs. The only thing I don't know about is 1 of the active ingredients on the "synergy tabs".

what is this 5% active ingredient, and what's it do for/to pool water, or what's another product that would be the equivalent? Just want to be able to explain how Synergy pool care is not offering anything unique that's not already widely available. I haven't found any currently available trichlor tabs that have the same active ingredient

5% Boron sodium oxide (B4Na2O7), pentahydrate
91.5% Trichloro-s-triazinetrione

It's borax (just a synonym for sodium tetraborate) and it's just added to counteract the acidity of the trichlor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.