Leak in Fill Line

May 22, 2016
Phoenix,AZ
Noticed that when we had the main turned on for the fill line that we were getting a leak (near skimmer basket) but UNDERGROUND under concrete. We know it the filler line and when we turn the valve off for days the pool level drops a significant amount. It was producing water at the dirt about 6 feet out from the area where the leak is. We dug down. Found many lines (probably 6) but can't quite reach under the concrete pad far enough to visibly see the leak. Unfortunately the dirt area next to deck is about 18 inches wide and then we have a block wall (a planter) that precludes me from getting an angle to dig further in. When we turn the water filler line back on the water is definitely coming from this area. We don't have any water leak when this one fill line is turned off. Equipment running doesn't affect the leak...just this one line.

Any suggestions on :
1. Do I need to remove concrete slab?
2. Do liquid sealers work (i.e. PipeFuze)?
3. Could the leak be caused by anything else when the fill line is on? I should note that when the line is on the leak occurs even if the filler isn't activated (meaning the pool level is OK).

Thx I appreciate any/all suggestions.
Damon

Welcome to TFP :)

So water loss is only when you have the auto fill on?

what happens when you turn off the auto fill and fill with a hose to the skimmer? is there still a leak..

If not then the leak is in just the fill line..

About the only way I can think of you can get to that leak is cut through the concrete...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.