Pool Light Question

Apr 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
What we thought was a burned out light bulb turned out to be a tripped breaker after a storm. While troubleshooting we removed the lens to look at the bulb. At this point the light works again but I have a question before putting it back in the water. I've read that some people replace the rubber seal when they change the lightbulb. Is the purpose of that to keep the rubber seal from getting to old? Do I need to replace it every time I take the lens off? Basically I'm trying to figure out if I need to replace mine right now since I removed the lens or if it's ok to reassemble the light and reinstall it as is.

Generally you replace the gasket because in a perfect world you would only open that every few years. If the gasket appears in good shape and is flexible to make a good seal you should be able to re-use it.

If there is any question as to weather it will make a good seal, replace it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.