Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hole in expandable liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Angry Hole in expandable liner

We've had several issues installing our pool last year and we gave up. We had a brand new 30' round expandable liner already purchased. We stored it in our basement. We now have everything ready to go. We took the liner out-laid it out to get soft in the sun & BAM-the mice chewed a hole about 4-5" round in one spot. If we patch this spot-will the patch come off in filling with water-because of the expandability? What should we do?!
    30' Round Above Ground with Hayward sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Birmingham, Alabama

Re: Hole in expandable liner

If your liner has never been used, I would imagine the hole would increase in size upon filling your pool. I'm assuming the patch would not hold because of this. Maybe someone else will chime in.
    Above Ground 30' by 54" 22,600
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter w/ 1.5HP Dual Speed Hayward Powerflo Matrix Pump
    TF100 Test Kit
    BBB ALL the way!
    Questions about pool care? Visit Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

Where is the hole? Side? bottom? I say it would be worth a try. I would put the liner in and start adding water and see what happens. I might not patch until it is in and some water added to stretch it out some.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

That's a pretty big hole. If you're going to patch it, I'd go 3 patches on the inside and 3 on the outside.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter