Pump issues no circulation from filter

Earl,

I think the bottom picture is a skimmer? Is there water in it?

All the valve's look to be open, there is a SWG on there.. I do not see any pressure after the SWG on the pressure gauge.. but there is pressure in the filter (unless that is broken) Is there a valve or blockage between the filter and the heater/SWG ?

What is the sand filter selector set to? filter?

Remove the skimmer basket and see if there is a plug in the pipe.

Also, on the return side post SWG, there is a flow meter and pressure gauge, what do they read?

No plugs in under the skimmer basket.
Pressure gauge reads 0 and flow meter reads 80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
36d1282e444f4a93150cc6a942f4704d.jpg

40b6d11cd8863e71ce5bb9d5f484cc65.jpg

Pressure gauge reads 0 and flow meter reads 80
I don't think that is possible so the pressure gauge is probably broken.

It looks like the suction valves are set properly in the picture so my only suggestion is that there might be something blocking the skimmer line. To test this theory or perhaps clear the blockage, can you turn off the other suction line so the skimmer is the only thing that is active? If the filter pressure goes down a lot or you get a lot of air in the pump basket, the line is probably blocked.

BTW, where do the two vertical pipes go?

Which pressure gauge jumped to 7 PSI?

The gauge on the yellow pipe should be a suction gauge which reads in-hg.

BTW, do you know the model # for the pump? It looks like a Sta-Rite but I was wondering what the model # might be.

Also, how far below or above is the equipment from pool water level?

Pentane Pump model #168452
Do you mean Pentair? I think that is the motor number but good enough for an ID.

Best I can tell, things are working as they should. The pump is an up rated 1 HP so it is not very big and the pressure and suction will not be all that high with that pump. The flow rate and head loss perfectly match a Challenger pump's head curve B which is for the up rated 1 HP. So that looks good too.

If the skimmer was plugged, the suction would be much higher than 7" hg. It just may be that you can't tell the water is going into the skimmer. You might try throwing something that floats in front of the skimmer and see if it gets drawn in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.