Measuring all this stuff

Apr 3, 2016
Baltimore MD
You guys have awesome ideas for everything so I'll see what you suggest for the following:

What's the best way to measure 4 lbs of DE from a 25 lb bag?

What do you like to measure 69 oz liquid chlorine in? Same thing for muriatic acid?

Just curious. I'm using a 4 cup Pyrex measure for the liquids and a bucket eyeball method for the DE. Just looking for an easier way.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a kitchen scale and do my powdered chemical measurements by weight. The volume estimates for solid materials is probably good but I know the weight is right on. For muriatic acid and bleach, I just do eyeball on 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4 of a gallon. I do have a gallon plastic Pyrex pitcher I've used for MA and bleach a couple times but I don't like pouring MA any more than I have to so usually straight from the jug.

I have a cheapo plastic scale that I relegated to the pool house for powders, and a large quart sized hospital patient mug that measures liquids in ounces and mL.

I noticed yesterday at Lowes some cheap measuring containers in the paint department. No handle like my mug has, but clear easy to read measuring marks and dirt cheap. Might be useful!

I have two plastic measuring cups that are different colors. I got them at the dollar store. One lives with the MA and is used ONLY for it and is kept with the MA away from everything else. The other is for everything else. I just use the oz on the side of the cup for liquid and dry. It works for me.

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.