Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thank you

1. Back To Top    #1

Thank you

I inherited a pool without instruction from the prior owner, and I learn so much every year about this pool that I'm continually amazed. Thanks so much for all the shared knowledge! Added a few (too many) bottles of bleach to the pool before removing the mesh safety cover. Still had a green mess in the spring, despite winterizing and the added chlorine. No cyanuric at open, so I kept the chlorine at 4ppm or under for a couple weeks, brushed daily, and though it's still too cold to swim in, the pool is as clear as ever, and I haven't spent boatloads of money shocking it. Had some gurgling sounds from the filter (scary loud), and though I know the filter basket housing is leaking air between the basket and filter, I followed the recommended procedures of cleaning the filter basket ring and washing the sand, and I'm now hearing no stress from the filter, no bubbles in the basket. THANKS SO MUCH to everyone for sharing your experiences! I've never had an easier time clearing the pool, and the acoustics are fantastic.
    16x32 IG 18k vinyl, Hayward S210t, Ecotech EZ motor, Kreepy Krauly, clear solar cover, Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thank you

You're welcome!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Thank you

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!