Time of day

AV8TOR

Dec 6, 2008
Fort Worth TX
What time of day do you do your filtration and robot operation? How long is your filter cycle? Your robot cycle? Just curious to hear what others do.

I am new to in ground pools and we have the filter coming on late morning so the skimmers have had time to clean up the surface some and leave it on till early evening. Even with the boost pump off there is a little water flow to the robot to move it slowly around which can be in your way. I do like the idea of the filter running when you are in as you stir up the water.

If you have not thought of this during this winter I set my pump cycle to come on during the late night, early morning when (at least here in Texas) the low temp sensor turns on the pump anyway. This way you save on electricity.

We run our pump 24/7 since we have a 2-speed and it costs very little to do so. I put our very old Aquabot Turbo in around 11:00 a.m. 1-2 times per week, and let it romp around all day, taking it out before dark, so I can clean in up and put it back away (it still doesn't get all the pool, but it's 100% less trouble than the Ranger we used last summer, which didn't get all the pool either). I turn the pump off when running the Bot, as per the instructions. A featherweight robotic sure would be nice!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.