Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What to do now?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hopkinsville, Ky

What to do now?

I have always had pool store test my water and tell me what to do. I just finished the SLAM process. I now want to know how to figure out what I need to add to water without having to go to pool store. Here is what my numbers are now:

Any help would be appreciated!
    18x36 Grecian
    Haywood Variable Speed Pump
    Gold line Aqua Plus With T-15 cell
    Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: What to do now?

Our recommended chemicals to use to balance your water are in Pool School-----where you read about the SLAM procedure.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Do you have a vinyl or gunite pool?

use poolmath and try to get your CSI (at the bottom) to be in the -0.3 to +0.3

With a low TA you will need to have a higher CH, you probably need to add baking soda to bring your TA to 50 or 60

I hope this helps
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

Hopkinsville, Ky

It is vinyl.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

I would start with the very "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. With each parameter you have tested you can raise it, lower it, or leave it alone.

The "basics" article will tell you how to raise and lower each one and it will give you a range that you want to stay within.

I will tell you your numbers are pretty good so you have no real issues but we want you to learn for yourself so you can manage your own pool without depending on others.

Post back with a plan of action for each parameter and we'll help you get it just are close already.

How does your water look.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School