First results after adding Salt

derryank

Gold Supporter
Apr 4, 2015
Boston MA
Hello folks,

So it's been a week since I added salt. Here are the results below.

FC-2.0
CC-Zero
TC-2.0
CH-50
TA-140
CYA-80
PH-7.8
CL/BR-Zero
Salt-2800ppm

Last Sunday I added (6) bags of Morton salt from Walmart. I have the Intellichlor SWG set at 80%...model IC15.

Should my FC be this low? Is this a direct result of the SWG replacing the chlorine?

I'm headed over to Poolmath now to see what's missing.

Thanks all for your valuable input.

P.s. the water is very clear...

12,000 Gal,IG Vinyl,Pentair 1HP Dynamo,Pentair SD40,Pentair Intellichlor SWG,Dolphin Nautilus, TF-100

OK...just did Poolmath.....

Looks like (2) 40lb bags of Salt to achieve levels of 3500ppm and 60oz of Chlorine @8.25%?

Does this sound correct everyone?

Thanks for your help.

12,000 Gal,IG Vinyl,Pentair 1HP Dynamo,Pentair SD40,Pentair Intellichlor SWG,Dolphin Nautilus, TF-100

Thanks Richard. I just added the chlorine. Time for the Salt now.

I'll dial in the SWG to 100% and keep the pump running for 9hours. Test levels again maybe Wednesday?

Lastly, I have not backwashed during this whole process...running at 100psi

Thanks Richard. I just added the chlorine. Time for the Salt now.

I'll dial in the SWG to 100% and keep the pump running for 9hours. Test levels again maybe Wednesday?

Lastly, I have not backwashed during this whole process...running at 100psi

I hope that was a keyboard misprint and you're not at 100 PSI, maybe 10??

Hello folks,
So here are the results from this evenings test below. As suggested on Sunday, I added the chlorine and two bags of salt.

FC-3.5
CC-Zero
TC-3.5
CH-50
TA-130
CYA-70
PH-7.8
CL/BR 3-6
Salt-3800ppm

The CYA has dipped a little. I was hoping that the FC would be slightly higher.

Any suggestions? Planning on having quite a bit of activity in the pool this weekend....at last!!!

I think the numbers are swimmable? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks....P.s. my TFP shirt arrived today-i'll proudly display it this weekend at the pool parties!!

Hi Richard-I just followed one of your link on another thread about SWG and CYA...WOW-i've a severe headache...:p

That said-my take away is, there is a fine line between CYA and FC levels combined with the SWG output. Specific to each pool is what I'm getting at.

I'm satisfied with the current levels in the pool. Just wanted to hear your feedback.

Thanks for your help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For the weekend, you could bump up the FC with bleach.

+1, I always add a jug of bleach before and after big swim days, and sometimes in the middle if there are kids swimming ALL day. A jug of 8.25% bleach adds 4 ppm FC to my pool. And remember that it is safe to swim with FC up to shock level for your CYA. We swam for a couple of weeks last summer with FC at 28 ppm and nobody even noticed. Chlorine is your friend. I've had the solar cover on the pool warming it up for the weekend and it's been cloudy so my FC is up to 15.5 ppm this morning. Just about right for the 85-88 degree sunny mega-swim days that are about to happen this weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.