Wiring a Hayward Super Pump

Apr 19, 2009
Is this easy to do? The wires are disconnected from the old pump already. Theres no wiring diagram with the pump. Its the 220 or 230 wiring whatever the pump comes stock to operate at so its just a matter of connecting the wires. It mentions grounding and bonding the ground wire. is this hard. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Its not hard, per se. But you're dealing with 220 and a possible wet location. I would recommend having an electrician to do it. You run the risk of injury or death with dealing with electricity, and also risk of fire.

I had mine re-wired this morning, and sure, I could have done it, but they carry insurance which would cover any thing they did wrong, and my house insurance carrier wouldn't balk because I did it myself, unqualified.

The wiring diagram is on the motor itself. If you're not comfortable with the diagram, you should probably consider finding someone to do it for you or you risk doing damage to the motor or yourself. It'll cost you a few bucks but it's cheaper than a new motor or a hospital visit.

Ok so I was looking at that. The ground wire just gets the green screw screwed down onto it. Then the line one and two get screwed down on their terminals. Do they get wraped around the little prongs there also? How do you know what is line one and what is line two?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.