Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Wiring a Hayward Super Pump

Wiring a Hayward Super Pump

Is this easy to do? The wires are disconnected from the old pump already. Theres no wiring diagram with the pump. Its the 220 or 230 wiring whatever the pump comes stock to operate at so its just a matter of connecting the wires. It mentions grounding and bonding the ground wire. is this hard. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Kidney shaped ~ 10000 gallon Ig Plaster pool with pool cage. 120sf Cartridge filter. Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-26, 230 Volt, 7.8/3.0 Amp, 1-1/2 Horsepower 2 speed pump, Solar panels on the roof. Heliotrope HelioMatic 4000D solar controller.

Re: Wiring a Hayward Super Pump

Its not hard, per se. But you're dealing with 220 and a possible wet location. I would recommend having an electrician to do it. You run the risk of injury or death with dealing with electricity, and also risk of fire.

I had mine re-wired this morning, and sure, I could have done it, but they carry insurance which would cover any thing they did wrong, and my house insurance carrier wouldn't balk because I did it myself, unqualified.
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator

I dont have the money to have someone come and put it in. I wish there was better instructions with the pump.
    Kidney shaped ~ 10000 gallon Ig Plaster pool with pool cage. 120sf Cartridge filter. Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-26, 230 Volt, 7.8/3.0 Amp, 1-1/2 Horsepower 2 speed pump, Solar panels on the roof. Heliotrope HelioMatic 4000D solar controller.

The wiring diagram is on the motor itself. If you're not comfortable with the diagram, you should probably consider finding someone to do it for you or you risk doing damage to the motor or yourself. It'll cost you a few bucks but it's cheaper than a new motor or a hospital visit.

Ok so I was looking at that. The ground wire just gets the green screw screwed down onto it. Then the line one and two get screwed down on their terminals. Do they get wraped around the little prongs there also? How do you know what is line one and what is line two?

It doesn't matter which wire goes to line 1 or 2 as long as 1 connects to L1 the other to L2.
    Use the screws to secure the wire not the spade terminals.

Dave.