Numbers looking better

Jul 9, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Morning Pool Peeps!! Here are my numbers...

FC- 1
CC- 0
PH- 7.5
TA- 150
CH-N/A
CYA- 25

The pool is a 20 ft x 52 inch Intex round pool... The box says 8600 gallons so I am going to add the following:

33 oz of 10% liquid chlorine

17 oz of CYA

I haven't had a pool in over 5 years so I'm hoping this will be like riding a bike and I will pick it back up fairly fast.. I do have a couple of questions though...

1. I use the same Taylor K-1000 for both my Hot tub (which uses Bromine) and my pool... Is that an issue?

2. Since this is not a plaster pool, do I need to worry with Calcium?

TIA!!:wave:

Ahhh... nice easy questions.

1) Not a problem as long as you rinse it out well between uses. I'd use tap water for the final rinse.
2) Low Calcium is no problem. High Calcium can still form scale in a vinyl pool. So it should be tested, just so you know if you need to be hyper-vigilant about pH and TA. If CH is low, once a month CH testing is fine.

Thanks Richard! Should I worry with a TA of 150? I really can't aerate since the return doesn't really bubble the water... Would one of the Intex LED fountain work? Like this??
View attachment 48545
If CH is on the low end, say 300 or less, no worries at all. TA will come down slowly as you maintain pH. Aeration only speeds up the pH rise, it doesn't lower TA. Acid lowers TA and pH. Aeration raises pH and TA stays where it was. If you need to aggressively lower TA, then that fountain would be an excellent way to bring the pH back up.

But you're getting ahead of yourself. Go test the CH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.