Help with Triton sand filter

Apr 15, 2009
Louisiana
My husband has always taken care of our pool, but he's decided a 14 year younger woman is much better than a family - sooooo, I'm in dire need of help! first of all he neglected to tell me that the SWG is no longer working. Found that out after a few days & a green pool. I' pretty sure my filter needs a good cleaning, never been done & it's 8 years old. We have a Triton filter. I've read the thread about the garden hose cleaning procedure but not sure how to get it open to do that. I'm a look at a picture kind of gal - any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your help.

Surprise! You're in charge now. :) For the deep cleaning, you probably need this: Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter. But for the green, you need to "SLAM" - see link below in my sig. So for now, you'll treat your pool as a non-SWG pool and follow the SLAM page. But you need the right test kit. Do you have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C? One of those is a must.

My daughter has been talking to her dad,had her go buy a bunch of pool chemicals. It's blue now - shocked it, algaecide, sink & swim. Today it looks really good. But my filter is dirty I think. PSI is staying close to 30 so I've been backwashing frequently. And the green glass thing on top is full of green water. Ive seen videos of how to open the Hayward filter but not a Triton.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.