Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with Triton sand filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with Triton sand filter

My husband has always taken care of our pool, but he's decided a 14 year younger woman is much better than a family - sooooo, I'm in dire need of help! first of all he neglected to tell me that the SWG is no longer working. Found that out after a few days & a green pool. I' pretty sure my filter needs a good cleaning, never been done & it's 8 years old. We have a Triton filter. I've read the thread about the garden hose cleaning procedure but not sure how to get it open to do that. I'm a look at a picture kind of gal - any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your help.
    19,000 IG Pacific Blue plaster,raised spa with spillover,rock waterfall, Jandy 2.5 HP pump,Pentair sand filter,Paramount in floor cleaning system, Jandy Aquapure SWG, Aqualink remote

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with Triton sand filter

Surprise! You're in charge now. For the deep cleaning, you probably need this: Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter. But for the green, you need to "SLAM" - see link below in my sig. So for now, you'll treat your pool as a non-SWG pool and follow the SLAM page. But you need the right test kit. Do you have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C? One of those is a must.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

4. Back To Top    #4

My daughter has been talking to her dad,had her go buy a bunch of pool chemicals. It's blue now - shocked it, algaecide, sink & swim. Today it looks really good. But my filter is dirty I think. PSI is staying close to 30 so I've been backwashing frequently. And the green glass thing on top is full of green water. Ive seen videos of how to open the Hayward filter but not a Triton.
    19,000 IG Pacific Blue plaster,raised spa with spillover,rock waterfall, Jandy 2.5 HP pump,Pentair sand filter,Paramount in floor cleaning system, Jandy Aquapure SWG, Aqualink remote

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry