Raypak 2100 Heater Won't Ignite

May 22, 2016
Madison, WI
I have a Raypak 2100 heater that won't ignite. Worked fine last year, I replaced the board last July. It turns on fine now, sparks, but then pilot doesn't ignite. It's as if it isn't getting gas. Valve is on, seems like orifice might be blocked. My question is how to get to the pilot to disassemble it? Do I need to take out the whole burner drawer? The pilot is behind a bracket that is I can really get to to unscrew. I realize this heater is getting to the end of its life but trying to get another season or two out of it. Thanks!!

When it's sparking, carefully look under inside to see if the pilot lit or not. If it is not lit, try using a long BBQ lighter to lit it while it is sparking. If this is a propane unit, wait a few minutes before you try to lit it just in case you have a pool of gas from the the last attempt. No you do not need to remove the burner tray to get to the pilot but I wouldn't go removing it right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.