Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new build - cement stuck to liner

1. Back To Top    #1

new build - cement stuck to liner

Hi. My name's Mike and I'm from Long Island NY. I've had a new vinyl pool installed (cement sides) and the masons that installed the bluestone coping let a lot of mortar fall into the pool. In addition to trashing the grids on my new filter, it seems that the pool service company is so far unable to remove some sizable pieces of concrete that collected in the corners and seams. They are concerned that being aggressive will tear the liner.

This is my first pool so I'm just barely getting up to speed with everything. I'd love to know if anybody else has experienced this and would welcome any advice to solve the problem.

thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: new build - cement stuck to liner

Welcome to TFP

If the pool company did this it's easy... tell them you want a new liner.

Unless you wanted concrete on your liner, but for some reason I don't think that was something you asked for when you hired them
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. Just to follow up, I gave each piece of concrete a bunch of LIGHT taps with the end of the brush pole and the flex seemed to crack the concrete so most of it came off. still a few spots I hope will lift off in the coming weeks.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Nice job, as long as your happy is all that matters
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **