buying replacement filter Cartridges

Nov 3, 2014
PORT SAINT LUCIE
i have been changing my cartridge filter about every 8-10 months,that's about 100.00 a year.i see different threads say every 2000 hours and one guy said every 2 years,what i would like to no if there is any where that i can buy a box of filters like with 6 or more in them.i have a 15,000 inground with a pentair varible speed pump,pool is all most 2 years old and am starting to figure this salt system out,i live in south florida and we use it alot.
appreciate any help thanks
charley

Charley, cartridge filters should last a good while. I have a single cartridge that will last me 2-3 seasons easy, while multi-cartridge owners can go several years without changing. Much depends on the stress placed on the filters, and a lot of that is due to water chemistry. Many people order their filters from places like Amazon/com of Inyopools.com. It might help if you update your signature with all of your pool info. Maybe someone with the same equipment as you will have more answers.
Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

Like Pat said your cartridge filter should be lasting 2 to 3 years with proper care.

What filter do you have now?

TFP generally recommends a filter at least 25% larger than recommended. I think doubling the size is best.

Why? Larger filters run at a lower presure and don't require cleaning as often.

I clean my filter twice a year. It's 4 years old and is doing fine.

Charley, cartridge filters should last a good while. I have a single cartridge that will last me 2-3 seasons easy, while multi-cartridge owners can go several years without changing. Much depends on the stress placed on the filters, and a lot of that is due to water chemistry. Many people order their filters from places like Amazon/com of Inyopools.com. It might help if you update your signature with all of your pool info. Maybe someone with the same equipment as you will have more answers.
Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

when i googled it i should of read the whole story not just the headlines all i seen was Pool-filter cartridges can run for about 2,000 hours in a filter pump. so if i ran it 8 hrs a day thats well over a year or more.i am learning this pool stuff on the fly because i was tired of paying $75.00 a week to a pool guy,all he did was dip those strips in the water and left,and it turned out when i took it to a store my salt reading was off the chart and also missing other chemicals as well,so i had to pump half the pool out and start over,so thanks for the help.
charley

You're welcome Charley. Please stick around, read, and ask all the questions you need to. No one should have to pay $75 a week to have their pool maintained - most of those services are inadequate anyways. We'll help you along. But if you don't have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006 test kit, you really need to make that your first pool priority. The rest is easy from there. Have a nice evening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.