Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filter has small leak

1. Back To Top    #1

Filter has small leak

I have a Sta-Rite 300 Mod Media S7M120 Filter, and I just purchased a new Intelliflo 2 VS pump along with solar for pool heating. I just noticed that when the solar kicks on and the pump increases its RPMs to 2500 from 1700 the Filter develops a small leak at the top where the pressure valve is located. This never happened when I ran my old 1hp Maxi-glas2 pump. Do you think I need to replace the O ring and Adapter Bushing on the filter?
    My pool: 18x32 White Plaster 13,000 Gal w/ Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST, 3/4hp Pentair Booster Pump for Pentair Legend Pool Cleaner, Sta-Rite 300 Mod Media S7M120 Filter, Heliocol Solar Panels, Pentair Solar Touch Controller, Poolmaster 22260 5-Way Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Filter has small leak

I'm thinking it is most likely the O-Ring and not the Adapter Bushing I would suggest with starting off with replacing the o-ring. PM me if you have any questions.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Filter has small leak

Thanks Patrick. I'll order one and let you know if I have any problem installing it.
    My pool: 18x32 White Plaster 13,000 Gal w/ Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST, 3/4hp Pentair Booster Pump for Pentair Legend Pool Cleaner, Sta-Rite 300 Mod Media S7M120 Filter, Heliocol Solar Panels, Pentair Solar Touch Controller, Poolmaster 22260 5-Way Test Kit.