Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Algae green for week.

1. Back To Top    #1

Algae green for week.

PH 7.0 ALKALINITY 100PPM CALCUM HARDNESS 170PPM CYA 18 ppm. Water holds high FC .Pool is 18,000 gallon inground vinyl . Put 4 gallons Clorox today . pool still green. Been brushing pool 4 times a day. Thanks for Advice.
    18,000 Inground Vinyl

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Algae green for week.

Hello and welcome to TFP. I'm assuming this is green from just opening from the winter closing correct? If it's algae, which I suspect it is, then you will need to SLAM following the directions on the SLAM page (link below). Key factors include adjusting pH to 7.2, increasing CYA to 30, then maintain the FC at 12 day & night with pump running and following all the directions on the SLAM page. Make sure to have your TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit handy for all the testing required as you go. Let us know if you have any questions. Good luck!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!