Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Build - First Pool Las Vegas, NV

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build - First Pool Las Vegas, NV

Hi everyone,

Every time I've "Googled" a pool question this site comes up and I end up spending hours reading your threads and viewing your amazing pools. I figured at this point I may as well join in the fun. I'm sure once we have water we will have tons of questions as this is our first ever pool and we (well at least I) am feeling a bit overwhelmed at this point.

Although my husband is in the construction industry he has been in and out of town for about a year so we decided against O/B. We signed our contract with a pool builder we did work with about 16 years ago on March 24th and after the 3 day back out period plans were sent to engineering, permits were underway, and HOA requests were made.

Grading and digging began on April 18th, followed by plumbing, steel and electrical in the weeks since. We passed inspection on our first shot Wednesday morning and at 6 a.m. today the shotcrete and waterfall crews came rolling up.

We are very relieved to be able fill in some trenches and begin to get things put back together somewhat at this point! So is our HOA btw. We keep getting notices for the boat in the driveway. haha
    ~42k IG Concrete, Gray Plaster, All Hayward, VS 3hp x2, 400k Heater, Cartridge 150GPM, Color Logic LED Lights, Faux Rock Waterfall/Grotto,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Build - First Pool Las Vegas, NV

That's great. Welcome to TFP! Make sure to stay close and read the Pool School page and other vital links you see below in my signature. Don't forget to have a TF-100 test kit on-hand the minute you fill the pool with water. Accurate testing at home is priority #1. Great to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

HI! You are SO lucky you found us. Most people find TFP AFTER they get "pool stored" as in paying WAY too much money for stuff you can buy at Target! You are going to love your pool!

So where is our "pay" aka pictures?? LOL if you have been reading you know we LOVE pictures!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post

So where is our "pay" aka pictures?? LOL if you have been reading you know we LOVE pictures!

Kim
    I thought I'd be able to post my statement then upload pictures. Had to wait for the thread to be approved.

5. Back To Top    #5

Initial design.

Drawing Edited.jpg

6. Back To Top    #6

Before photos of grass and paver fire pit patio. These were both removed to make way for the pool. The pavers that were removed will be used to fill in from the paver patio at the bottom of the photo to the coping/decking.
    Paver Fire Patio B.jpg

7. Back To Top    #7

That yard is screaming for a pool! HUGE!

If you want to go over your specs of your equipment maybe type it out so we can see better.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

This picture shows the initial painting of the layout in blue. The pavers have been removed and the excavator is on site. At this point we realized that it was too close to a tree that is staying (not pictured) and the wet deck/shelf would have to be reshaped and the whole pool shifted left by a few feet. Not only that, but the tree in the top left corner would need to be moved.
    File_006 (1).jpg

Next is the picture of the grading and the transplanted complete. We had already pulled out it's twin and put it into a giant pot since we could see by the drawing that it had not been taken into consideration. You will be able to see in future pictures that my poor tree went in to shock and we had to trim it pretty severely. We are keeping our fingers crossed that it makes a comeback over the next year.

The new placement and reshaping of the wet deck is now painted in red and approved by me for digging to begin.
    File_003 (5).jpg
    ~42k IG Concrete, Gray Plaster, All Hayward, VS 3hp x2, 400k Heater, Cartridge 150GPM, Color Logic LED Lights, Faux Rock Waterfall/Grotto,

9. Back To Top    #9

New Build - First Pool Las Vegas, NV

My wife has been slacking so I will bring all up to speed. Plumbing and bar all went in. The waterfall guy showed up and got his work complete. We did shotcrete Saturday yippee.

10. Back To Top    #10

11. Back To Top    #11

12. Back To Top    #12

That is going to be an amazing pool. thanks for sharing it it with us.
    My build 12000 gal AG (15x26x54"), Hayward 1.5hp 2 speed Ultra Pro pump, Hayward CC150CAN XStream Cartridge Filter, TF-100

13. Back To Top    #13

Now here is the question. We have been water curing since Saturday and of course there has been some hairline cracking. On one side we have a 12" raised bond beam and the cracking is more severe on this side. My wife is very nervous about this. I am telling her this is what we want so that when we finish cracks will be filled and all will be good. Any thoughts on this.

14. Back To Top    #14

Looking great...this one will be fun to follow for sure!
    Kevin, TFP Believer & Supporter
    (Yup, I drank the pool water)
    13.5K gal, 24' Round AG Vinyl, TF-100 Test Kit
    2HP Waterway Pump, 200 SqFt Hayward Element Filter
    Recommendations: Pool School, TFTestkits & Pool Math

15. Back To Top    #15

pictures of raised bond beam

16. Back To Top    #16

other side of pool

17. Back To Top    #17

here is a picture of the pool equipment. Pool is about 997 sq. ft. 8' deep going to 3'6" with about 120 sq ft off 18" deep swim deck. We figure it to be around 40k gallons.

18. Back To Top    #18

It is setup to have floor sweeps on all of the benches, steps, and swim deck areas with the rest being caught by robot.

19. Back To Top    #19

Those look like shrinkage cracks, should be okay, I would point out to the PB, but once plastered you should be GTG.
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.

20. Back To Top    #20

Those cracks are very normal and really not that bad compared to some I have seen. No worries! The plaster will fill them in. Just keep bonding (aka watering) your pool shell!

Kim

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast