Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time opening a pool, need help

1. Back To Top    #1

First time opening a pool, need help

I attempted to open my pool for the first time today, usually have a company open and close it but figured I would do it myself this year. Everything was going fine until i turned the pool filter on. Water had started coming out the return lines in the pool and then I noticed water was coming out of the heater rather steadily(from the inside). I'm attaching a picture of my filter/heater, anyone have any ideas? Also this piece was with all the plugs and baskets and I cant find where it goes, could it be why its leaking?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First time opening a pool, need help

I have no idea what the white plastic thing is.

Take off the lower front cover of the heater. There is a pressure switch that the pool company that closed your pool may have unscrewed. Same thing happened to me last week when I opened.
    26K gal, gunite pool/hot tub, 2 HP Jandy Stealth pump, Hayward S310S sand filter with vari-flo valve, Hayward poolboss automation, EUS Mark 6 heat pump, Hayward H Series propane heater, Pentair 320 chlorinator, Hayward PSA24 valve acuators, Air Supply Silencer blower.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

Please add your state to your location in your profile so it shows up over there <-----, climate is often an important factor when we help you with your pool.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Look on your heater and get the make and model of the heater. Google that info with "parts list". You should get a schematic which shows you if that part belongs anywhere.

5. Back To Top    #5

the plastic thing I found out is a skimmer to main valve drain, but I still cant figure out where it goes. Hayward Valve, Skimmer To Main Drain Wg (sp1082gv) - INYOPools.com

When I take off the lower cover to the heater I find a little knob that turns that says on and off but doesnt say what it is. I tried turning it of and on, neither helped