Can I block a skimmer at the weir door?

A

andwhite1

I have 2 skimmers and a main drain. One skimmer has multiple cracks and repairs. I lose about a quarter inch of water a day. I think rhat skimmer may be the culprit. I am trying bucket test over next few days to figure out more. But it occurred to me that maybe I can take this skimmer offline and just use 1 and the main drain (if it is the problem) . I can rubber stop the inlet but I need to stop the water from going into the skimmer housing at all. Is this possible. My skimmers don't have weir doors anymore. Is that all I need. Is there a way to block it completely at the pool. I suppose as last resort I could take pool level down and use no skimmers and just main drain? Thanks!

A weir door will not seal the skimmer so that won't work. The only way to isolate the skimmer would be to lower the water level below it.

I doubt that will seal the skimmer well enough to prevent flow. But you can check by emptying the skimmer after sealing it.

I doubt that will seal the skimmer well enough to prevent flow. But you can check by emptying the skimmer after sealing it.

You are correct, it will fill up within 10 to 20 minutes depending on how good the seal is.. I used it for closing just to keep the water out to blow the water out the pipe and install the gizmo..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.