Lowering TA and dropped PH too much. Issues?

That is quite low. I guess I'd have to know more about how your pool (pH) normally responds to aeration. If it usually rises fast, then I'd just keep aerating. But if it drags-on, you might add just a little borax just to help get it back to about 7.0, then let aeration take over.

That is quite low. I guess I'd have to know more about how your pool (pH) normally responds to aeration. If it usually rises fast, then I'd just keep aerating. But if it drags-on, you might add just a little borax just to help get it back to about 7.0, then let aeration take over.

Normally it rises really quick, but Ive noticed since Ive been reducing from a TA of 240, its slowed down. Yesterday my ph was 7.4 (TA 140) and after the kids swam for several hours it jumped to 7.6. I seem to get a .2-.4 ppm increase per day while aerating.

If I let it be for a couple days am I at risk of any sort of irreparable damage?

I'm almost on the same page as y'all but I would rather bring it back to 7.2 if it's not there in 24 hours. A couple of days would make be uncomfortable.

20 Mule Team Borax will put you spot on where you want in 15 minutes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.