Proper Stain Removal

May 9, 2016
Dallas, PA
Hello all!

First Thanks to those who helped me get my pool started up. Very pleased with the advice and everything worked as I was assured it would.

Ok, so I finished my slam this morning as I passed the OCLT! Pool is crystal clear which is great except for the stain around the deep end. After some research, I bought some Vitamin C tablets, put then in a skimmer sock, taped it to a cleaning pad on a poll and rubbed the stains as best I could. The stain was being removed and lightened by the tablets. So I am confident I have a metal based stain. Which is good, because if this stain was organic, I get the feeling removal would be much more difficult.

Here is my dilemma. I have a party scheduled for next Saturday (1 week) and the weather will be swimming weather. I am hoping to remove the unsightly stain by then. What is the best way to attack this stain?

Here are my current chem readings (the FC is still a bit high from the SLAM, but I am guessing will drop pretty quickly)

FC - 10.5
CC - 0
CYA - 35
PH - 7.2
TA - 110
CH - 140

Thanks in advance for any input. Pic of the stain attached as well.
pool 3.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.