Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What are all these pipes?

1. Back To Top    #1

What are all these pipes?

I was browsing the photo gallery of a local pool builder and I saw quite a few pictures taken in the middle of builds that had a lot of pipes sticking straight out of the ground that weren't there in the finished pictures. Who knows what these are (pictures attached...I think )?
    image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What are all these pipes?

I'm not sure about the second photo with the white pipes, but the top one with the green pipes look like they are set up as dry wells. This gives them a place to drop a small pump to remove ground water when the pool has to be drained. But, that is just a guess.....
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

+1, I agree, the big problem with vinyl pools is water under the liner, this lets them pump the water out from behind the liner..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

Are you suggesting this is only temporary to remove water during the build? Because the pipes are completely covered with concrete in the finished product with no obvious accessibility (finished picture attached). Even if that's what the green pipes are, what the heck are the white ones for, they are everywhere?!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Coming Spring 2017
    IG Vinyl, 18 x 36 25k gal, spill over spa...rest is TBD

5. Back To Top    #5

Would these pipes provide some sort of support for the decking?

6. Back To Top    #6

They look like French drain piping. There is probably grates on the finished deck or they slices holes for deck draining and wanted them to blend in.

Brett

7. Back To Top    #7

Picture of finished product (sorry, should have included this in the last post), I know the resolution isn't great so hard to see for sure, but I don't see any drains in the full res image.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Coming Spring 2017

8. Back To Top    #8

They are piers that get filled with concrete during the deck pour for slab support should any settling occur.

9. Back To Top    #9

AH, YES...I think you got it alex, that makes sense! allinspector you were on the right track too, Thank you!
    Coming Spring 2017