Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: THANK YOU, and newbies, read this!

1. Back To Top    #1

Nebo, NC

THANK YOU, and newbies, read this!

I found TFP last year, as I was having trouble stabilizing my chemistry. (First full year as a new pool owner). Following your recommendations, instead of those of my installer (who disappeared on me shortly after we got the pool opened last year), stabilized my chemistry wonderfully, so I had a trouble free pool the rest of the year. Until the end of the season, that is, when I discovered my CYA was up dramatically. I had, you see, followed the instructions here except where the use of the triclor tabs for general chlorinating was concerned. After all, I had a huge bucket of them! So somehow I missed (ignored?) that part.

As I was preparing to open this year, had a conversation with a friend about my troubling CYA level, who directed me back to TFP and pointed out that the tab usage was what caused my elevated CYA. So I opened a week or so ago, the pool looked great--as though I just hadn't cleaned it in a couple of weeks. After adding water to bring it up to proper level and cleaning, CYA was down and everything else was just where it should be--FC at <.5. I'm now doing a mid-level slamming (with 10% hypochlorite I found at WalMart for $2.50/gal), and I fully expect a season of a trouble free pool. So I just want to say THANKS, TFP, and for new pool owners, follow ALL the advice. Love you guys!
    35,000 gal inground, vinyl, Heyward sand filter/heavy duty solid safety cover with pump, in the beautiful Western North Carolina foothills

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: THANK YOU, and newbies, read this!

Now there's a nice endorsement............Thanks!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Nice post!

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Thanks for the kind words! Please consider supporting TFP.

Here's how, CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter!!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5
    Tallahassee, FL

What an awesome thing to read! It made my heart happy! THANKS

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

I think for all of us, hearing a newbie say they, "have got it figured out" (and they obviously do), is one of the most rewarding posts we get.

Thank you for that very nice post.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School