Pool Pumps for use with Caretake

May 21, 2016
Melbourne
My signature describes my pool. My pump motor burned out and there is a small crack in the pump housing so I need to replace the whole unit. I have been reading the pros and cons of various motors and Horsepower. The CareTaker system is essentially manual in the way you have to use it. The CareTaker system is supposed to be run for about 6 hours each day by itself. I would need to go out to the pool equipment each day and turn various valves to do this. To avoid such a manual requirement (for any reason, work or otherwise), I have the skimmer valve cracked open a little bit so we get circulation and skimming all day long.

The question is this, since the CareTaker requires a good bit of pressure, is there any benefit to a variable speed or two speed motor? Could I use a lower HP single speed motor and save some money on monthly bills?

Fuzzy

Re: Pool Pumps for use with CareTaker 99

Welcome to the forum!

The answer to both questions is most likely not. You need high flow rate and pressure for an in-floor. One of the downsides. You could run on the lower speeds when you don't need the in-floor but you could also just turn off the pump if a single speed. Do you feel like you actually need the full 6 hours of run time for the in-floor? Have you tried shorter times?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.