DE getting back into inground pool..

May 21, 2016
babylon/ny
Hi all,

so I have a problem that I have been having for a couple of years.. I have an in-ground pool using a Hayward DE48 (older model) and RX50 valve.. A couple of years a go I have backwashed the filter and as usual I coiled up my 1 1/2 " hose and put it back by the filter.. What I didn't do is move the it back to it's regular setting and the filter came on later that day.. When I came home and saw it I immediately shut the filter off.. :grrrr: Man that hose and filter were screaming and I'm surprised nothing let go with a big bang... So while it's not a lot of DE getting back in is just a PIA.... I have replaced the grid in the filter and rebuilt the RX50 valve to no avail.. I was thinking the pipe in the filter could have a hairline crack but Hayward doesn't make parts for that anymore? Any suggestions???

Thanks,
/jc

Hi JC the Inlet Piping Assembly for the Hayward Micro Clear DE4800 is still available but it sounds like it may be the Outlet Piping Assembly which has been discontinued. The piping assembly looks to be some basic plumbing equipment so you may be able to remove and repair with some standard plumbing fittings from a hardware store. If that does not work then you would be looking at replacing the filter with the newer Hayward DE4820 DE Filter. PM me if you have any questions.

Hi JC the Inlet Piping Assembly for the Hayward Micro Clear DE4800 is still available but it sounds like it may be the Outlet Piping Assembly which has been discontinued. The piping assembly looks to be some basic plumbing equipment so you may be able to remove and repair with some standard plumbing fittings from a hardware store. If that does not work then you would be looking at replacing the filter with the newer Hayward DE4820 DE Filter. PM me if you have any questions.

Patrick,

Thanks for the quick reply.. I was thinking that also as there's really not much else.. I was wondering if I can get the outlet pipe off though and not sure if I can.. I would think it will probably be the elbow... As my pool is about 32k gallons I was thinking of going with the DE3620... Thoughts?

You're welcome vetteguy I hope you can repair the outlet fitting, if not then I would suggest staying with the larger DE4820 filter it is always better to go bigger on the filter as it means less time between cleanings, larger filtering capacity and it puts less resistance on your pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.