CYA testing

:lovetfp:

Water Testing Instructions on One Page vs Extended Test Kit Directions vs TFTestKits supplied instructions all say something different on how to mix R-0013 with pool sample.

Supplied instructions say, "Mix then wait at least 30 seconds. Shake once more."
Extended Test Kit Directions say, "Cap and then shake the mixing bottle for 30 seconds."
Water Testing Instructions on One Page says, "
Shake about 30 sec; let stand 2-3 minutes; briefly shake again."

I understand that it may not make a difference but in my messed up mind these three statements say very different things.
And as subjective as everyone makes this test out to be these discrepancies are a splinter in my mind :confused: :D

you're right :)

I never noticed it before.. I mix for 30, let sit for 30, pour into 25ml tube and pour back and forth to the black dot tube :)

I am going to say no, doing anything a week later with reagent and pool water is not beneficial.

I always mix and put it down for 30+ seconds while I test other stuff.

So I mix R-0013 with pool sample and test for CYA.
I still have over half the mixture left in the red capped bottle.
Pool Calculator tells me I need to add 1 quart.
After adding the quart I will retest next Saturday.
Can I use the left over mixture?

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

thanks pooldv

Can I use the left over mixture?
I am so puzzled by this....

1. It seems you are saying that you will take old samples and test again next week. The water will have changed so why in the world would you use old samples when they will not reflect your current condition.

Pool Calculator tells me I need to add 1 quart. After adding the quart I will retest next Saturday.
Add a quart to accomplish what? What target are you trying to achieve?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.