Minimax heater issue

Oct 11, 2015
Dallas tx
Hello, I have a pentair mini max gas heater that I went to fire for the first time this year and it would not light gave me an error 5 cod which seems to be igniter issue. I removed the entire heater assembly today and cleaned it out as well as verify proper gas pressure before the gas valve. I put it all back together and now when it try to turn the heat on the light comes on for 2-4 secs and the gas valve gets 24v but than the heat light goes off. It just keeps doing this over and over its not locking out or throwing error codes. Any ideals I also checked the igniter 120v and it's plenty hot.

Update: I ohmed out the heating element and it comes back with 52 which I belive is good but when I put it on continuity it will not ring out. Is that a sign it's bad and possibly the board is not seeing the igniter lighting so its shutting off the heat command?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.