Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My pool

1. Back To Top    #1

My pool

I've been lurking for a while and never really bothered to introduce myself. My name is Jason and I bought a house with a pool in December 2012. The first thing I did was go out and buy some trichlor tablets and box of dichlor shock. Then I found TFP and learned how to really maintain my pool cheaply and easily. If I attached the picture right, you should be able to see what it looks like.

I live in northwest Indiana, so sadly, the swim season is short, but I'm thinking about adding solar heating this year. I just opened the pool yesterday, so I'm cleaning it up now and hoping for some warm weather to get it warm enough to swim. I'm also installing a new Stenner pump to automate my chlorine addition.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who contributes here! It's a big help when trying to solve problems.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: My pool

You can't just LURK with a pool that looks like that! Thanks for sharing. Welcome.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks like this right now, but I'm not worried. I've found that so many worms get in over the winter that I don't bother cleaning before closing. I just make sure I close before the leaves drop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome outta Lurkville! Nice pool! 1 post per year average! At this rate you'll be up to 4 in no time!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5
    Tallahassee, FL

What a pretty set up! I would love to see a pictures that shows that neat looking deck.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Northern IL

Try opening earlier (water temp <60) next year. You may open crystal clear!
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide
    Central MD

Neat setup! I like the alternating lounge chair colors that coordinate with the decking/coping/steps. You've actually given me a thought on a way to build a shed. I could possibly utilize an "L" shaped building like you have. Thanks for sharing.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. Saltwater w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, salt cell, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Groundbreaking: 2/14/13 | Plaster: 5/21/2013 | First Swim: 5/30/2013

8. Back To Top    #8
    SW PA

Beautiful pool! Now get to SLAM'in!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter