Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Muddy, Brown, Pool Water

1. Back To Top    #1

Muddy, Brown, Pool Water

Hello all, I'm new to TFC. We live in the deep south and Thursday night we had the worst storm we've had since we put in the pool. Unfortunately, last week we also had 2 loads of dirt delivered to the back yard to fill in several low spots. Now, a good bit of that dirt is in our pool! Very fine, silt like. The skimmer sock is picking up a lot of it and it looks similar to pollen. Checking it every few hours. But the water is brownish green and we cannot see past the first foot maybe??. We have been running the pump and it looks a bit better than it did last night. We have fished out all we can from the bottom. Birds, limbs, bark from the tree and leaves. Any suggestions as to what else can be done and how long it takes to clear this up? Haven't check chem because we know everything is out of whack. Thanks!
    IG Gunnite, 15' x 30', 15,000 Gal., Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 320 SQ FT Cartridge, Hayward 1 HP Singe speed Pump, Leslies Total Pool Kit, Dolphin Cleaner, Municipal H2O supply.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Muddy, Brown, Pool Water

Knowing everything is out of whack is the best reason.....TO...check everything. Got one of our recommended test kits in Pool School? Get all the dirt/crud out you can and then check to see if you need to follow our SLAM process.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I collected rain water off the roof to go into my pool using a rain barrel-good system except when the roof is filthy. I had a lot of dirt in my pool. Vacuum, vacuum, vacuum-the dirt will not be picked up by running the pump if it falls to the bottom. Use that dolphin! I ran mine all day long for 3 days.

4. Back To Top    #4

Running the Dolphin now, thanks!

woody p, we have a test kit by Taylor that we bought from Leslies. It doesn't have any info as to what kit it is. Where do I find your recommendations for a complete testing kit. Sorry, not familiar with this site yet so not sure where to go. Not even sure what SLAM is. Trying to navigate this site all morning and learn what will help us. So glad I found this website!
    IG Gunnite, 15' x 30', 15,000 Gal., Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 320 SQ FT Cartridge, Hayward 1 HP Singe speed Pump, Leslies Total Pool Kit, Dolphin Cleaner, Municipal H2O supply.

5. Back To Top    #5

Never mind OTPirate , I see the links you posted in your reply. Thank you!

6. Back To Top    #6

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

There ya' go!.....all in Pool School.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!