Booster Pump Power Question

coog61

Nov 6, 2009
Richmond, TX
I'm replacing a Pentair LA01N booster pump with the same model. Pump on a 220 breaker. I've wired it just the same as the old pump. See pic of original wiring. So the only connected wires are the green ground and a purple in the L2 position. There was a another loose purple wire. Problem is that the new pump has no power. It seems warm, but that's it. Any solutions?

Thanks

Frankly I have concerns about your electrical knowledge to be doing this.

This is 220. Both the purple wires are hot.

I would suspect it hooks in on the far right in L1

I'm concerned your pump was operating on 110 with the ground acting as a neutral

Is there a GFCI breaker before this?

My concern is that in your original motor whoever installed it had modified it for 110 operation and also did something so that the ground line was operating as the neutral. That's what is pictured though I'd have to see behind the panel.

Now you are trying to run 220 and you are not hooking the wires up correctly because you are following something appears to have been screwed up before.

Give us a picture of the new pump hookup please and let me look at that.

Yo

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.