Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just ordered my AQR15 - What now?

1. Back To Top    #1

Just ordered my AQR15 - What now?

Hello all,

After waiting about a year and a half to get my new house in order I finally pulled to trigger on a Hayward AQR15 for my 18,000 gallon IG south Florida vinyl-lined pool. I should get it on Wednesday. I ordered a salt water test that should get here Monday.

I am so sick of lugging chlorine. So. Very. sick. Of. It.

In the meantime, I am planning to start adding the salt (about 480 pounds) so it can be good and dissolved in the meantime. I am going to get the CYA to about 80 (currently ~50) and make sure my ph is around 7.5.

Anything else I should plan for?
    18,000 - IG - Vinyl lined less than a year - 1.5hp Hayward pump - Hayward AQR15 AquaRite Salt Chlorination System - Taylor K2006 Test Kit - Kreepy Krawly Great While keeping the bottom clean

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just ordered my AQR15 - What now?

PVC pipe cutters, fittings, PVC glue, electrical setup, etc, etc.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    PVC pipe cutters, fittings, PVC glue, electrical setup, etc, etc.
    Ah yes. fittings. Thanks. I am wondering if the unit comes with an electrical whip or if you need to supply one.
    18,000 - IG - Vinyl lined less than a year - 1.5hp Hayward pump - Hayward AQR15 AquaRite Salt Chlorination System - Taylor K2006 Test Kit - Kreepy Krawly Great While keeping the bottom clean

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

If this helps here is a Step by Step Guide and Video on How to Install an AquaRite Salt System and here is a Video on How to Start Up a Salt Pool PM me if you have any questions.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm out................I thought it was an AR15 post!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by patrick3229 View Post
    If this helps here is a Step by Step Guide and Video on How to Install an AquaRite Salt System and here is a Video on How to Start Up a Salt Pool PM me if you have any questions.
    Never saw that second video. Thanks.