Hi. This is my first post. I got a taylor test kit yesterday and measured my CYA level at 130. I just had my pool water tested a couple of days ago at a pool supply store and they didn't say anything about it! I also have mustard algae that's been impossible to get rid of. The pool store gave me some copper based algecide to get rid of it, but after reading posts on this forum, there's no way I'm using it.
My question is, how do I get my CYA level down to a reasonable level? I want to tackle that problem before I try getting rid of the mustard algae.
I've been using tablets or pucks for the last two years and shocking only about once a month. I guess that explains the high CYA. I shocked my pool a week ago, but the chlorine level hasn't gone down.
Here's some info about my pool:
20,000 gallons vinyl pool