Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Laars LX250 Heater - HI LIM SW Error

1. Back To Top    #1

Laars LX250 Heater - HI LIM SW Error

Hi Guys, my heater is shutting off and showing this error - HI LIM SW (hi-limit switch). I bought the Zodiac R0022700 135 Degree F Hi-Limit Switch Replacement Kit, ran the heater again and I am still getting the HI LIM SW error.

Any thoughts I what I need to replace next?

Thanks!

G

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Laars LX250 Heater - HI LIM SW Error

Did you get the correct part??? For this part number, it is for units above SER# G03LF0097 250 400 below SER# G03LF0089 250 400 Laars Lite 2.

I would think you would want Parts4heating.com: Teledyne Laars R0457200 High Limit Set

I would replace both the limits. How is the wiring to it?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you Paul. I recall, the parts I got off Amazon had the same numbers stamped on the side of the sensors and what I took out of the heater. The wiring seems OK but not sure. Not sure how I tell..

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Nothing has chewed on them. Was the old sensor rusted pretty good?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, there was rust on the face of the sensors and on the tabs that connect to the wires.

6. Back To Top    #6

Paul, is there a way I can trick this heater into running without shutting off? I need the water to heat up about 5 more degrees ..We have a birthday party for my 7 year old today. thanks

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

It's very unsafe to run the unit for any period of time without any of it's sensors connected correctly. You could try bypassing the sensor to confirm if that is the part causing the issue. But again, I wouldn't run the unit like that.
    Paul

8. Back To Top    #8

Does anyone know of a good repair person for this heater. I am reading that if the switches are not the problem, there is a flow issue inside the heater.

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Do a google search for your area for gas pool repair.
    Paul