Gecrabill

Bronze Supporter
Feb 24, 2014
Osprey, Florida
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
2 weeks ago I noticed my SWG wasn't keeping up with demand. Granted, pool temp jumped from low 80's to 90 and is now sitting around 89. My cya was 90 on April 20th . May 14th i started slamming due to the demand and having slightly higher CC. I slammed at 40FC, or about 5ppm higher then suggested slam level. Since I began slamming, I am losing about 0.5 to 0.8FC per hour overnight. During the day it loses much more, but I have been consistent with slam level, and FC has not fallen below 33 since I started. So with sub par results so far I got new Cya reagent and tested today. CYA is showing right around 60. Which means I have been slamming at apx 15ppm over slam level for the week. With that being said, due to the high level of chlorine during the test: 80 drops of r-0871 is it possible that the test could be off?
FC: 40
CC: 2.5
PH: 7.4 when slam started
TA: 60
CH: 850 ( fill water is high)
Salt: 3200
CYA: 60 (is was 90 beginning of month, had lots of rain)
No borates

This is the first time that I have had to slam in over a year thanks to TFP. I just want to make sure that I am not throwing $$ away. I realize that originally my demand could have risen due to the CYA drop, and realize I should have tested cya prior to starting the slam. Pending what you folks have to say, my plan of attack is to let slam level drop to 24 them perform the oclt tonight and see results.

FYI: I use the TF-100 test kit...reagents are getting expensive with this slam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.