Testing chlorine while slamming

May 18, 2013
Cedar Creek, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Good morning! I have looked and didn't see the answer so I'm hoping someone can help me. I am in the process of slamming my pool. My question is, do you test the chlorine using the normal method? My CYA is about 55 so, for a 15k gal pool, that puts my shock level at 22. That is over 100 drops of reagent for a 22ml sample! If I'm going to test it every few hours - or even a few times a day, that is a lot of reagent. Granted, I bought the big bottle, but I just want to make sure I'm not being a dummy about this. I guess using the 10 ml sample would be about half the drops -or am I thinking of this backwards?

Thanks! 40-50 drops still seems like quite a bit so I just wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly. One more question, is it best to run the filter on high or low while slamming?

Low is fine. The purpose is to keep the water circulating so that the plumbing sees the SLAM level FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.