Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 3 weeks out!

1. Back To Top    #1

3 weeks out!

Hi All!

PB was here last night. We signed the contract and gave the deposit to have our cement pond refurbished. He said were about 3 weeks out for demo.

I have a question that I'm hoping you guys could shed some light on. My DE filter is down. Pool is looking like a swamp. Only a matter of time before the mosquitos invade...don't want that Zika virus! What is the best way to combat this for the next 3 weeks without the filter running?

(I do have 1/2 bucket of powder shock and some 3" tablets in the shed.)

BTW...my signature is what the new and improved pool will be.

Thanks in advance!
    16,000 QuartzScapes Barbados Blue finish, Hayward 450 cluster cartridge, Hayward Max-Flo VS 1.5 HP, Goldline SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 3 weeks out!

Tropic Thunder - love it! Last year when someone was in the same situation they just threw a few of those mosquito doughnuts in the water. They are safe and might help a bit. Add some bleach from time to time might be good too if you can manually sweep it around a bit too.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: 3 weeks out!

Thanks, TS. Going to give it a go!
    16,000 QuartzScapes Barbados Blue finish, Hayward 450 cluster cartridge, Hayward Max-Flo VS 1.5 HP, Goldline SWG