Pentair IC 40 - Waffle like insert which end?

espejo

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 25, 2014
Houston Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
On my Pentair IC 40, I have a waffle like insert that came with the cell. Very dumb question but which end to I insert it in? I'm guessing the Inflow side to prevent large debris from entering the cell but since the cell is after the filter I think very little chance of this happening. Or maybe to minimize turbulence? On Youtube videos for cleaning the cell I never see this part and I'm really sure why? Is it necessary and what purpose does it serve?

I will call them thanks. Like you I did not see it in the manual either.

Kit Contents
- One IntelliChlor Electronic Chlorine Generator
- Two (2) cell union with two (2) o-rings
- User’s Guide (this manual)

That is it.

It's there in case you run a filter with an MPV that has a recirculate option. Recirculate bypasses the filter and can allow larger stuff to get through.

Believe it or not, I found a scorpion tail (just the tail) stuck to the waffle screen the very first time I opened up my SWG. No idea how something like that could have gotten there as I have a DE filter and no MPV. Since it was the first year of operation, I can only assume the scorpion was in the plumbing after the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.