Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool owner - 15 bags of salt laying around.

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool owner - 15 bags of salt laying around.

Hi, I have an 18x36 built in pool with with hayward filter and Aquarite AQR15 salt generator. The pool has been installed and filled since last fall and the water is clear. I have 15 bags of salt left in my yard by the pool builder who said the salt should be dumped into the pool once my masonry is complete. I just finished my coping this week, but still no surrounding patio area. Is there a reason I should wait to apply the salt or should I dump them in now? I'm guessing the bags are emptied directly into the water?
    Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New Pool owner - 15 bags of salt laying around.

Welcome to TFP

No reason to wait, just dump them in the pool and run the pump and brush the salt around.. depending on the temp it may take a few days to fully show up on the test

speaking of testing, what test kit are you using?
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

I have Aquacheck test strips provided by the pool builder. Thanks for the feedback I will dump the salt in.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Well, I thought I posted this but , "How do you know how much salt you need? Have you tested for salt?"
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I have no idea how much salt to put in. The generator display indicates low salt content. I was planning to calculate the required amount based on pool volume.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

you really need to know how much salt you already have in the pool... you will be suprised how much is already there..

Guess strips are just not what you want for your pool, look in my sig below and check out the test kits..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **