Silver Supporter
Apr 12, 2016
Philadelphia, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
What at the general recommendations for installing safety line? I have a in-ground concrete/plaster/gunite pool without any hooks right now. Plaster walls, tile around the top of the walls, and then coping that is exactly like this: http://www.gardnerpoolplastering.com/wp-content/uploads/coping4.jpg , and then concrete slab beyond that.

Best option seems like it would be to drill into the concrete with something just beyond the coping. But would need something that would cause the least tripping hazard. Next best seems like it would be in the grout between the coping "tiles." That just seems like a can of worms with maintenance down the line.

Proper option, I assume, is to have the hooks in the plaster below the tile on the wall. But I assume that's basically impossible at this point?

I saw one idea to use suction cups onto the tile around the top of the pool. I could see that as either falling off a lot, or at some point pulling the tile off the wall.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.