Hayward top manifold question

jaysvw

May 20, 2016
Avondale, AZ
I just purchased 8 new filters for what I believe to be a Hayward HCF7030C filter system. Why I say "believe", is because this pool was installed in 2006 by the previous owners of the house, and while all the paperwork detailing the pool equipment is there, it calls the filter system a "Platinum Clear 700". The labels are long gone off the filter system itself and Hayward doesn't show any such model, but the filters say Hayward and a search shows the only dual quad cartridge system they sell is the 7030. So I am looking at the schematics, and I notice that my top manifold looks different.
Mine:

20160520_193310.jpg

What Hayward is showing:
71IgDLW0KKL._SX466_.jpg

Am I missing something here? Does it even matter? Any advice would be great!

If the new filter elements look exactly like the ones you have in your filter now, then use them ( it sounds like you may have order them wrong at this point possibly ) that thing on top of your filter just holds them in place, and covers the holes on the elements, your manifold is under the elements, the thing you have to be concerned with is making sure the replacement elements match the old ones, by measuring the height, center hole diameter top and bottom,etc
platinum clear could be what the pool builder labels it as even though its a hayward, builders have done this to give the appearance they make the filter or something.

your filter as shown, has four elements, the elements might have some kind of part number possibly on them to help when ordering new ones, this is a common filter, and the various dimensions of your filter elements as i said will also be helpful to get exact replacements.

Also you don't have "dual quad" dual obviously means eight when added

I just noticed you live in Avondale so take one of the filters and have leslies pool tell you what you need, maybe not buy from them , but they could tell you what you need to order part number wise

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.