2ppm FC per day?

Apr 3, 2016
Baltimore MD
Pool has been open for two weeks. Mostly solar cover has been on and it's been raining and cloudy sky so minimal chlorine use. Crystal clear pool.

The last two days I have burned 2ppm free chlorine. Both days have been sunny and no cover (amazing!). I added 69 oz of 10% bleach yesterday and now I need to add another 2ppm.

(I'm targeting 6.5ppm and both days have read 4.5ppm FC at 7 o'clock pm with a CYA of 50).

Anyway, the question is: is 2ppm normal to burn in a day? Seems high to me but I have not done this before so I'm not sure.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok great. Thanks, this is good for a ballpark plan. So basically I'm adding at least a half jug of bleach each day. Good thing Walmart has $2.50 a jug. Hopefully that price will last! Still, not bad to keep an amazing pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The solar cover will make a difference to your FC loss in summer depending on the type of cover. It's mostly the sun that affects your FC. This to some extent should help protect your chlorine. I live in an area where summers are really hot and it makes a significant difference although it can make the water a little too warm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.