Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2ppm FC per day?

1. Back To Top    #1

2ppm FC per day?

Pool has been open for two weeks. Mostly solar cover has been on and it's been raining and cloudy sky so minimal chlorine use. Crystal clear pool.

The last two days I have burned 2ppm free chlorine. Both days have been sunny and no cover (amazing!). I added 69 oz of 10% bleach yesterday and now I need to add another 2ppm.

(I'm targeting 6.5ppm and both days have read 4.5ppm FC at 7 o'clock pm with a CYA of 50).

Anyway, the question is: is 2ppm normal to burn in a day? Seems high to me but I have not done this before so I'm not sure.

John

27,000 gal concrete rectangle, built Oct '15, DE filter, Jandy PHPM 1.5 HP, Hayward HP21104T heat pump, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2ppm FC per day?

Pretty normal. Come summer, you may need to boost your target a tad. When you have a high bather load, bump it even higher and retest after they are out of the pool.

3. Back To Top    #3

"Normal" is 2-4ppm each day.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok great. Thanks, this is good for a ballpark plan. So basically I'm adding at least a half jug of bleach each day. Good thing Walmart has $2.50 a jug. Hopefully that price will last! Still, not bad to keep an amazing pool.

27,000 gal concrete rectangle, built Oct '15, DE filter, Jandy PHPM 1.5 HP, Hayward HP21104T heat pump, TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

The solar cover will make a difference to your FC loss in summer depending on the type of cover. It's mostly the sun that affects your FC. This to some extent should help protect your chlorine. I live in an area where summers are really hot and it makes a significant difference although it can make the water a little too warm.
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

6. Back To Top    #6

I'd kill for a 2 ppm FC loss per day!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

7. Back To Top    #7

mine was at 5, put bleach in, it was up to 9.. I have high CYA... and it was down to 6 by the end of the day... No TC in it either. or should say dead even....
    IG, 25k gallons, 20x40 ft, Plaster, Pentair sand filter, variable speed pump, have a well, TF-100 test kit, Speed Stir

8. Back To Top    #8

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA902 View Post
    Ok great. Thanks, this is good for a ballpark plan. So basically I'm adding at least a half jug of bleach each day. Good thing Walmart has $2.50 a jug. Hopefully that price will last! Still, not bad to keep an amazing pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How about a SWG on your Christmas list?
    35,000 Gal. - 40x20x8 - Plaster - SWG Pentair IC 60 - Barracuda G3 Vacuum - Hayward c1750 Cartridge Filter - Blue Torrent VS 1.5hp pump - Pool is 45 years old.

"I'd build a deck over my pool if I didn't have a SWG"