South Houston build

jeffnsheila

Bronze Supporter
Mar 11, 2016
Friendswood Texas
So I have been watching so many other builds on here for a while, I thought I would share a few pics of ours. We started digging 5/2 and had gunite shot on 5/5. Pretty quick start with just a few weather delays. We have started laying out the decking and pad for the outdoor patio/kitchen. Sorry , had a few more pics but looks like there is a file size limit.

Attachments

• pool-1.jpg
    pool-1.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 365
  • pool-2.jpg
    pool-2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 370
Two ways to add more pics:

1-become a supporting member-get more storage for pics, a nice discount on a test kit, help us keep the lights on!

2-use photo bucket or such to add pics using the img code.

We LOVE pics so hurry! hehe

Kim:cat:

nice pool! what is the diameter of the table? my decking should be getting poured tomorrow and that crew is doing the table top while they are there.... our dig started 5/3/16... weather has really slowed the process down.

Another Houston area build - love it! Your design is beautiful; something for everyone. And your tile selections - lovely! The spa tile and waterline tile look like they were made to go together. If not, super job coordinating the two.

What's the size of the spa - it looks huge!

In NW Houston (especially more north of us), we're getting more storms dumping rain on us. From what I can tell you may have escaped this round - I hope so. So far it sounds like our local creek (Cypress Creek) is doing ok, but the big creek north of us, Spring Creek, I hear is up to it's banks.

Good luck with the workers. Last year, the rains were everyday forever. I'll hand it to the crews, they often came and sat in the garage hoping for an hour or so break in the weather. I also noticed they were really in contact with their supervisors - "Still raining here. What? Not raining 10 miles from here? We're on our way." That's when you know they're desperate! Our delays were in months. I hope it doesn't happen again to the pool builds this summer.

I'm envious of your huge yard!!! Then again, I would have gone bankrupt!!!

Suz

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you, I think once we are all done it will look great. Yes we dodged a big ol' bullet yesterday. Brenham, woodlands and Conroe area, not so much. I saw this morning that some parts of Brenham got over 16" of rain yesterday. Looks like today we should be good for a full day of french drains. here are a few more pics. Got most of the pad down for decking and the patio/outdoor kitchen. Also got the giant post in the ground. its starting to look like something.

Attachments

• Pool-7.jpg
    Pool-7.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 259
  • Pool-8.jpg
    Pool-8.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 261
  • Pool-9.jpg
    Pool-9.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 260
Alright, we are almost done with the french drains and decking rebar. Hoping to start framing on the patio tomorrow or Monday. Looking to pour the deck and patio pad Tuesday. Come on good weather. Happy Memorial day to all !

Attachments

• pool-10.jpg
    pool-10.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 245
  • Pool-11.jpg
    Pool-11.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 245
Well after 2 weeks of rain we finally have the deck and kitchen/patio poured. They are supposed to get to work framing today. Weather permitting spray deck coming first part of next week.

Attachments

• Pool-14.jpg
    Pool-14.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 193
  • Pool-15.jpg
    Pool-15.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 197
  • Pool-16.jpg
    Pool-16.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 194
We are doing a wet edge product called Texas blue. the base color is an off white with lighter and darker blue pebbles. Looks similar to the Aqua colored water in Antigua when the bride and I went last year. Those "cups" are french drains. They will have the same spray deck coating on the tops as the deck and will blend in when they are finished.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.