Salt level will not increase

Jun 1, 2013
Just opened the pool (40x20 in-ground) this week, water temperature is currently 72f. Hayward Salt Generator was reporting 1800ppm at opening. Added 4 40lb bags of Morton's pool salt, and then tested it again 2 days later. Still 1800ppm. I then tested the salt levels with the Taylor salt water drop test kit, 1800ppm. So, it doesn't look like the cell is bad (replaced it 2 years ago). I then added in 2 more bags of pool salt. Tested it 4 hours later (generator and test kit), still 1800ppm.

Any ideas?

I'm using the 25ml tube and testing at 10ml per the instructions. The kit is 3 years old. Water turns milky salmon red after 9 drops, consistently after 3 tests.

The only thing I can think of is that the salt water isn't mixing and sitting at the bottom of the deep end (i.e., not getting to the cell). Going to run the irobot for a bit and hope that stirs things up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.