Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Mastertemp 400 #460736 Feedback

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Mastertemp 400 #460736 Feedback

Hi All.

My Raypak 406 finally decided to stop working after 10 years or so. Looking to purchase a new one and was thinking of a new brand. The Raypak was so-so, became very finicky as the years went on. Anyways, after doing a lot of reading I keep gravitating back to the Pentair 460736 400KBTU unit. However, it seems I only see negative reviews (not many). It seems like thats the time most people on post.

Any seasoned pool owners have experience Pentair 460736 MasterTemp Heater 400,000 BTU NG w/ Elec Ignition Low NOx. Would love to get some feedback before purchasing.

Thanks in advance.
    2004, 22.5K Gal., 36x18, IG Gunite, 2HP Hayward Pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Raypak 406 NG Heater, Dolphin Supreme M4 Robot, Automatic Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pentair Mastertemp 400 #460736 Feedback

As many things get older, even people, they become finicky.

I still stand behind Raypak over any other brand out there. I repair so many other brands on a weekly basis over the Raypak. No extra parts like blower motors or modules to contend with. Just simple straight forward heat my water type of unit.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pentair Mastertemp 400 #460736 Feedback

Thanks Paul for your response. It puts me at ease to hear from a seasoned veteran. Rather than have to fool with plumbing and the gas line, I will replace like for like.
    2004, 22.5K Gal., 36x18, IG Gunite, 2HP Hayward Pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Raypak 406 NG Heater, Dolphin Supreme M4 Robot, Automatic Cover